Dental filling is a restoration used to repair minor to moderate tooth damage.
- Minor fracture or chipping
- Cracked or broken
- Worn down teeth (abrasive cavities along the gum level)
The dentist will first remove the decayed and damaged portion of your tooth.
The cavity will then be cleaned to remove any traces of decay. The filling material will be shaped into the cavity.
Finally, the filling is hardened and polished for a lasting restoration that provides proper function and form.
If your tooth is decayed or damaged, a dental filling may be a great choice for restoring your oral health and function.
Call us today for a consultation on 09 475 6535 or 027 250 7553
We do replace silver colour fillings to white/composite fillings. Our purpose build practice has the latest amalgam separator unit to make this procedure environmentally friendly.
Compared to traditional ‘black’ amalgam fillings, white fillings offer several substantial benefits:
- Colour matched – great way for camouflage. Looks natural, as it will be matched to the similar shades of the natural tooth surface and can be shaped to replicate a natural tooth.
- Metal-free – white fillings contain no mercury
- More support – Less tooth structure is removed when preparing the filling and it is chemically bonded to the tooth, providing increased support.
- Reduced sensitivity – Metal is a thermal conductor and patients with black fillings can have a sensitive reaction to hot and cold foods or beverages. Sensitivity is not usually a problem with white fillings.
We can arrange appointments at your convenience. Please call us on 09 475 6535 or 027 250 7553